This weekend I finished up the paint job on my Hearts of Oak wood elf team. The minis are the Cabiri from Maki Games which I picked up last autumn on Indiegogo.
I’ve not painted anything for a few months, so I’m rusty but I’m happy with the cohesion of the team.
I airbrushed in the skin tones before using a regular brush to to the leather and details and it was pretty quick. I’m also trying to protect them a little more since stuff always gets bashed on the Blood Bowl pitch (especially Wood Elves…). I therefore gave them all a coat of GW ‘Ard Coat with an old brush before my usual Army Painter matt spray.
- Vallejo model air – German Red Brown primer (Airbrush)
- Base: VGA – Bronze Flesh
- Mid tone: VGA – Elf Flesh
- highlights: VGA – Pale Flesh
- Wash: GW Reikland Fleshshade
- Base: Citadel Mournfang Brown
- Highlight: Jokaero Orange
- Wash: Agrax Earthshade
- Base: GW Averland sunset (2-3 thin coats)
- Drybrush: GW Yriel Yellow
- Drybrush: GW White Scar
- Glaze: GW Lamenters Yellow